How do I report a crime?

If emergency dial 911, if non-emergency dial (540) 727-7900.

How do I get a copy of an accident report?

Contact the Records Department at (540) 727-3430.

How do I get a concealed weapons permit?

Virginia residents may apply for a permit to carry a concealed handgun. To obtain a permit you must present the following at the Culpeper Circuit Court:

  • A completed application for a Concealed Handgun Permit (Form SP-248)
  • Some form of photo identification such as a driver’s license
  • Bring your Firearms Certificate of Proficiency

How do I obtain a copy of my Criminal History?

Virginia residents can obtain their criminal history by completing Form SP-167 and forward to:

Virginia State Police
P.O. Box 85076
Richmond, VA 23261

Is there a charge for fingerprinting for purposes of employment and what should I bring?

Fingerprinting is a service provided by the Culpeper Police Department to the citizens at a small fee.Town residents are charged $5.00 and County residents are charged $15.00.  The fee is paid by check or cash only.  Please bring identification and cards that may have been provided by your prospective employer.

Where do I go to obtain a hunting or fishing license?

State law requires anyone hunting or fishing in Virginia to have a license. Hunting and fishing licenses may be obtained from sports shops and your local Wal-Mart. For fishing on Town property you need to obtain a Town permit from the Town of Culpeper Office located at 400 S. Main Street, Culpeper, VA, Office hours 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. For more information contact the Department of Game and Inland Fisheries at (804) 367-1000.

How do I file a missing persons report?

The filing of a missing persons or runaway report is done on a case-by-case basis. Individual cases vary so it would be best to contact the police department to discuss the circumstances of your particular situation.

How do I obtain a police report?

Contact the Records Department at (540) 727-3430.

How do I get my property back from the police department?

The police department’s evidence/property clerk handles all lost/found or stolen/recovered property. The clerk can be located at 740 Old Brandy Road, Culpeper, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. You must bring valid identification to receive your property.

Do you answer questions in reference to the law?

Yes, while we may explain the Code of Virginia, the Commonwealth’s Attorney can interpret the law and you may contact him/her at (540) 727-3441.

How do I report a traffic accident?

State law requires an individual involved in an accident to remain at the scene while maintaining personal safety. If persons are injured do not attempt to move them unless there is an immediate danger to life. Call 911 immediately.

How do I pay my ticket?

For traffic tickets you should contact the Clerk of the Court by calling (540) 727-3417. For parking tickets you should contact the Town of Culpeper office at (540) 727-3423.

How do I apply for employment with the Police Department?

The Department hires both certified and non-certified individuals to serve as sworn police officers. Currently certified officers follow the same application procedure as non-certified applicants. Please see our Careers section for specific details on how to apply to the department.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/bcscentr/culpeperpd.com/wp-content/themes/override/footer.php on line 55